Medical Reserve Corps - Region 4
The Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is a community-based volunteer organization sponsored by the Office of the U.S. Surgeon General. The mission of the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is to improve the health and safety of communities across the country by organizing and utilizing public health, medical and other volunteers. As a member of your local Medical Reserve Corps, you will be trained and ready to help your community in times of emergency. You also get the opportunity to support other public health activities such as health screenings and educational events.
The MRC welcomes medical, health, and non-medical volunteers. Eligible individuals include:
- Practicing or retired medical and health professionals, i.e., doctors, nurses, emergency medical technicians, dentists, veterinarians, pharmacists, nurse assistants, and others
- Public health professionals
- Members of the helping professions, i.e., behavioral/mental health, social services, judicial, and finance
- Volunteers from the trades and those with other skills
- Anyone who wants to help
- United States citizenship is not required to join the Medical Reserve Corps. Non-citizen, legal U.S. residents are welcome. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
For more information please visit the Medical Reserve Corps website at http://www.medicalreservecorps.gov/HomePage.
Free training will be provided to all volunteers. In the case of an emergency, volunteers always have the right to decline for any reason. If you do respond to our call, you are protected from liability.
Want to be a part of something big? Join your local MRC!
Uncas Health District Street, 401 West Thames Street, Suite 106, Norwich, CT 06360
Towns of Bozrah, Griswold, Lisbon, Montville, Norwich, Sprague and Voluntown
The Ledge Ledge Light Health District, 943 North Road, Groton, CT 06340
Towns of East Lyme, Groton, Ledyard, New London and Waterford
Northeast Department of Health, 69 South Main Street, Unit 4, Brooklyn, CT 06234
Towns of Brooklyn, Canterbury, Eastford, Hampton, Killingly, Plainfield, Pomfret, Putnam, Thompson, Woodstock and Union