- This event has passed.
Become smoke free
September 18 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until September 25, 2019
Become smoke free…for free!
Hundreds of thousands of people have become tobacco free through the American Lung Association’s Freedom From Smoking® Group Clinic which offers a structured, systematic approach to quitting smoking…and right now, the Northeast District Department of Health is offering this seven-week quit smoking program for FREE!
Freedom From Smoking Group Quit Program
Wednesdays beginning August 14, 2019
5:30 pm – 7 pm for 7 weeks
Northeast District Department of Health
69 South Main Street, Unit 4, Brooklyn, CT
Register by calling Janine Vose at (860) 774-7350 x.124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Overseen by a certified facilitator, you will learn:
- How to know if you’re really ready to quit
- Medications that can increase your success (included FREE for 12 weeks if your insurance does not cover it)
- Lifestyle changes to make quitting easier •
- How to prepare for your quit day
- Coping strategies for managing stress & avoiding weight gain •
- How to stay smoke-free for good
Visit Lung.org/ffs for more information about the program.
If a group clinic isn’t right for you, please contact Connie Capacchione, Uncas Health District,
at 860.823.1189 ext. 122 or email@example.com
This program is supported by the Preventive Health & Health Services Block Grant (PHHSBG), #1NB01OT009192-01-00,
from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.